Marketing advice Sydney taken a global turn
According to Marketing Magazine Online, BBC World News and BBC.com have released the results of ‘the largest global study to date’ on the consumption of news in the digital age, conducted in order to determine the growing impact of TV, smartphones, tablets and laptops on people’s news consumption habits. As small business marketing consultants in Sydney these finding are interesting as well as informative for business practice.
The findings are:
- Tablet owners watch more TV news, not less, with 43% of tablet users saying they consume more TV than they did five years ago, and most saying they use tablets alongside TV
- Young professionals, the 25 to 34-year-old demographic, are the biggest news enthusiasts
- Second screening for news is becoming commonplace, with users often using devices in tandem. 83% of tablet users say they have used their tablets while watching television
- TV still dominates overall usage, taking 42% of people’s news consumption time compared with laptops (29%), smartphones (18%) and tablets (10%)
- News audiences expect to see advertising nearly as much on mobile (79% tablet, 84% smartphone) as they do on TV (87%) and online (84%), and
- People respond to advertising across all the screens, with one in seven users indicating they responded to a mobile ad in the last four weeks while responses to TV and desktop are one in five and one in four respectively.
These findings are important not only on a global scale but Sydney also. These finding help tailor marketing plans that marketing consultants put in place for clients to help further their business.